Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Instead Of Hitting The Snooze Button, Here's How I Start My Day

If you’re like me and you’re an artist with a day job, Monday can be especially difficult. And that’s because weekends are the time to get caught up on creative work. 

So often, weekends are taken up with errands and trying to maintain a social life by catching up with family and friends. So come Monday, I sometimes beat myself up for everything I didn’t get accomplished over the weekend. 

What I have started doing to combat the Monday blues is listening to motivational videos on YouTube. One of my favorite channels is operated by entrepreneur Tom Bilyeu.

Bilyeu is a co-founder of Quest Nutrition (the company's high-protein, low-sugar Quest bars are to die for) and has branched into the arts with his Impact Theory media company. Bilyeu's YouTube channel features in-depth interviews with high achievers in many different industries, from health and wellness to technology to education.

Although he's not a journalist by trade, Bilyeu is a great interviewer. He asks thought-provoking questions and is an excellent listener. He never talks over his guests and gives them his full attention as they expound on the philosophies that have enabled them to excel in their fields and help others.

One of my all-time favorite interviews that Bilyeu has conducted is with motivational speaker Mel Robbins. Her 5 Second Rule has truly transformed my life and has helped me kick the habit of procrastinating (or at least get it under control). Click here to watch that interview. 

Of course, Bilyeu is just one of dozens of motivational channels out there on YouTube and the Internet as a whole. But his is certainly one of the best. 

So next Monday morning, instead of hitting the snooze button, pull up a motivational video and use it as fuel to set the tone for your week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment